4.1.11

photographer feature: fabrizio mingarelli





How old are you?
20

Where are you from and where do you live now?
I come from Italy and I’m currently based in Rome

When did you discover your interest in photography?
When my parents bought me my first camera, a digital Kodak creepy camera. I was just 14.

Who/what influenced you to be a photographer?
So many people/photographers influenced me, but I become a photographer to express what I wasn't able to say with words at first.

Who are some photographers that you like that inspire you?
Yes a lot like Hedi Slimane, Ryan McGinley, Lina Scheynius, and Corinne Day, but there are more.

Do you have/are you working on a degree in photography or are you self taught?
I’m a self taught.

Is photography your career? If not do you plan on turning it into your career some day?
I hope so, I really want to be a photographer and spend my days taking pics and get paid for this, it would be amazing, but I know it's hard to become a famous photographer so I’m studying art and architecture in Rome.

What is your favorite thing to photograph?
I like people with long hair, buildings, faces, but I don't really have a fav subject everything can give me emotions so it's all about my mood.

Where do you find and how do you instruct your models?
Ah they aren't real models they are my friends or perfect strangers, I like meet people and taking photographs of them

Do you listen to music while you shoot? If so, what is on your photo shoot play list?
I often listen to m83, joy division, fever ray, crystal castles, xiu xiu and many more.

Can you list off all of your photography equipment and which of these items you use most often?
I mostly use a Canon EOS 400d for my digital works and a Pentax K1000 for my analog ones.

What inspires you?
The youthness, nice things

Do you think that the price of the camera affects the quality of the pictures that it takes?
No definitely not.

Do you believe that film photography will be replaced by digital photography?
No never, film photography is def the one and only, digital is just a different way to take photographs.

Do you have any advice for someone who is aspiring to become a photographer?
Just be yourself, listen good music e start walking alone through the city.

Thoughts on post-processing. What software do you use if any?
Sometimes for my digital shots I use Photoshop CS3.

Are you wearing socks right now?
Yes

Last food that you ate?
Chocolate

Do you like to sing in the shower?
Yes who doesn't aha


See more of Fabrizio Mingarelli here:
Flickr | Portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment