4.5.11

photographer feature: lukasz wierzbowski






I was so incredibly excited when I came back from my trip to Washington DC to see that one of my favorite photographers, Lukasz Wierzbowski, [previously only known to me as neon.tambourine on Flickr] responded to my interview request for my photographer feature series! I hope you guys are as excited about this photographer features as I am. If you haven't seen his work before, you were really missing out, even Tamara Lictenstein has left a testimonial on his Flickr page saying "one of my favorite photographers"!

Name
Lukasz Wierzbowski

Age
28

Location
Wroclaw (Poland)

Who or what sparked your interest in photography?
My father introduced me to photography when I was 12.

Who are some of your favorite photographers?
There is so many. Ren Hang is definitely one of my favorites.

Do you have any formal education in photography or are you self taught?
No. I'm a self taught photographer.

Is photography your career?
I very much hope so.

Are you currently working on any photography projects?
Currently I'm working on a few more fashion oriented projects for: Urban Outfitters, Vision Magazine and Razou magazine. I'm also selecting photos for my second book.

What is your favorite thing to photograph and why?
People who inspire me.

Where do you find and how do you instruct your models?
Most of them are my friends pr friends of my friends. Sometimes I talk to strangers

Do you listen to music while you shoot? If so, what is on your photo shoot play list?
I don't really listen to music while shooting. I like to talk with a model. The wind, city traffic or ... are the perfect background music.

What is in your camera bag?
Canon Rebel K2 with kit lens, Olympus Mju II and few rolls of film.

What is your favorite lens and why?
I don't really have a favorite. Lately I've been playing around a lot with 50mm f/1.8 lens

Where do you find inspiration?
In everyday life.

Any future photography goals?
I don't really have any goals. I can't imagine what will happen next but I know that the future is bright.

Please describe a day in your life that includes photography:
I wake up late. Start taking photos in the afternoon. Go put with my friends in the evening.

What does your work flow consist of?
Love, passion and exploration.

Interesting facts about yourself?
I was a late child. My sister is 20 years older than me.

What, if anything, do you do to promote your photography?
I just love to share my work with others and apparently people enjoy it.

Lukasz was kind enough to provide some previously unpublished photos for my post as well which, of course, made my heart go pitter patter:




for more of Lukasz Wierzbowski's photography, please visit his website!

2 comments:

  1. lucky us! thank you for the introduction, his work is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thanks for letting me know about this xx

    ReplyDelete